Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Outdoor toddler boy hat (my second pattern).

       Okay, so in my last post I told you how when I first learned to crochet I thought I was double crocheting when I was really single crocheting. So when I tried making my new niece a hat my pattern kept coming out really funny, and then I decided to make my son Bailey a hat. He is one and a half so requires a toddler size hat. So I will post the picture which is totally cute. It looks like a cute little fisher hat and its just adorable on my son. After not following the pattern like I thought I was and then adding some on my own I guess I just ended up writting my own entire pattern by accident. So here it is. Have fun.



                 * First off I'm giving the pattern I think I did. It's been a few months since I accidentily made this        
                    hat. And its really hard to count single crochets.
                 * Okay you can use regular size yarn or baby yarn for a softer one. I just used red heart.
                 * Hook size G
                 * In this pattern instead of going thru the whole stitch I only went thru one strand. Creating a line              
                    effect.
               
                  Chain four. Sl st in beginning chain (forming a ring)
                  R1: Make on chain stitch. Then work 13 Sc into ring. Join. (13)
                  R2: Chain 1. Do not turn. 2 Sc in each st around. Join. (26)
                  R3: Chain 1. *1 Sc in next st. 2 Sc in next st.* Repeat around. Join. (39)
                  R4: Chain 1. *1 Sc in next 2 st. 2 Sc in next st.* Repeat around. Join. (52)
                  R5: Chain 1. *1 Sc in next 3 st. 2 Sc in next st.* Repeat around. Join. (65)
                  R6: Chain 1. 1 Sc in each st around. Join. (65)
                  R7-22: Chain 1. 1 Sc in each st around. Join. (65)
                  R23: (Edging) *Chain 1. Sc in 1st stitch.* Repeat in each st around. sl st to join.
                  Finish off.

                  This hat fits my son perfectly. I hope you like it. Now I would like to give the site for the hat I wanted to originally make but came nowhere near close to it. And I want to thank them for helping me accidentily make my own pattern. http://www.hookedonneedles.com/2008/06/crocheted-baby-hat-nice-hat-for-new.html. And now I would love to show you what this hat looks like if you follow it exactly except use a single crochet. It still makes a lovely hat for an infant if you add a pretty flower or something.

You can do what you like with the product, but please dont sell the pattern.
HAPPY CROCHETING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!














No comments:

Post a Comment