Monday, July 8, 2013

My story and first afghan pattern.

       Okay, hello everyone out there. This is my very first blog post every, and I must say that I have been very nervous about starting it. I started crocheting in Feb of this year, and new I wanted to start one to keep track of all my crocheting projects. So being nervous and lagging behind I name my finally made blog the Beginning in the middle because I now have to start putting all my projects up even though they are now long past.

       This will be my blog of all the things I try and the sites where I got all of my free patterns, and then a few blogs of the new patterns I have written myself eventually including my new converse pattern which I just finished today. So welcome and if no one enjoys this then at least I have it down for myself.

        So now about myself. I am a stay at home mommy with a very wonderful husband and a wonderful one and a half year old baby boy Bailey. I love my two men more than anything. They are all that comes before my other loves of jewelry making, crocheting, sewing, and general crafting. I love them and I love making stuff. So now that that is done lets get busy with my first project I ever did and still havent finished (tho I have until winter since the afghan will be two heavy and thick to use until then.

        I taught myself to crochet using youtube and google. And I thought that the very first thing I learned was a double crochet, and I was very proud of myself. So I started this afghan and halfway through when I started another project did I start to realize that every time I thought I had been following patterns and double crocheting that I was really single crocheting. So it was the reason I had so much trouble with all my patterns. With that out of the way I could start reading patterns and making projects way better. But my poor afghan had to be continued as a King size single crochet pattern. Which is alot of single crocheting and a lot of time for a king size. Here is the photo followed by the pattern.



            So these are the only photos I could find. I will have to wait until tomorrow to take one of it while its really big.
           Start off  by choosing your colors. i used bulky hometown usa yarn. I used an H hook but you could upsize I just didnt know better on my first project.
           Chain the width that you want your afghan to be.
           Sc in second st from hook. Sc all the way across. Ch 1 and turn
           Countinue on this way.
           I usef four rolls of yarn for every color section.
           Finish off when its the size you want.
           Thanks and I hope that was not to complicated for my first project and all.
You can do what you like with the product, but please dont sell the pattern.
HAPPY CROCHETING
         












No comments:

Post a Comment